One of the key principals in A2C is that money is always posted to the Holding Company, and is not allocated to a clinic until it is applied to the patient's transactions (think of a patient having one DOS at Clinic A and another DOS at Clinic B, but you receive one carrier payment).
A2C has numerous reports, that are intended to pull different metrics. So, it's important to know what metrics you want to pull in order to find the most suitable report.
For example, matching with your QuickBooks/bank statement, we would suggest using Management | Executive: Billing & Collections which you should run with the 'Use DOS' box unchecked. This will show you the total Posted money, which should match what was taken to the bank.
Here is some more info about the other financial reports clinics use most:
Management | Financial Summary Report: (Uses Post Date)
- Carrier Transactions - Total carrier money applied to charges over the given date range. These are based on the date on which they were posted to the system.
- Patient Transactions - Total patient money applied to charges over the given date range. These are based on the date on which they were posted.
- Patient Postings - New patient money posted to the system over the given date range. This money is classified to a clinic based on the clinic assigned to the case.
Management | Executive: Billing & Collections: (by Post Date, unless checking DOS box)
- Posted money will be shown based on the date for which the money was posted. Applied money will be shown based on the date the transactions were entered into the system.
Management | Executive: Clinic Productivity:
- Total dollar amount received for the visits during the selected time frame. This is based on the date of service instead of the posted date of the money. Therefore, this number will change over time as money continues to apply to those dates of service.
NOTE: For some of the Management | Executive Reports there is a Help button, right next to the Run Report button. This will give you a map and explain how to read the report.