In the therapy environment, it is difficult to know the exact charge for a patient before they leave your clinic. With this in mind, Fusion Enterprise uses an Estimated Payment System, which allows you to enter a payment schedule for a patient that determines how much they owe on each visit.
You should see Payment Status Dots on your Schedule for each patient. This is calculated by the Estimated Payment System. This dot ONLY appears for the current day's visits since it is up-to-the-minute.
This dot can be 1 of 4 colors:
- Red – Patient owes money today.
- Green – The patient made a payment today.
- Blue – Patient has a zero or negative balance.
- Gray – Patient is marked as not being billable (ie workers comp)
The best way to see what a patient owes is to select Enter Payment and see what is shown there. We recommend collecting the Adj EPS Due at every visit.
- Today’s Est Payment is the amount due from the estimated payment schedule for today’s visit(s) only.
- Adj EPS Due is a total of the amount due as shown on an EPS patient statement, plus the estimated amounts for any visits with a status of Checked In or Today (visits without a visit number).
- Non-EPS Due is the amount due as shown on a NonEPS patient statement. It includes all charges for dates of service with an invoice state of Bill Patient, plus all non-insurance billable charges.