Permissions! Each user can create personal tasks, however, users must have Module, General, Task Master permission in order to add and manage tasks for other Staff.
The Tasks module allows users to create tasks for themselves, and with Task Master user permission, for other users. Tasks are viewable in the Main Menu under File >Tasks.
Create a Personal Task
- Click File.
- Select Task.
- Right-click the Task Grid.
- Select Add Task.
- Make selections and enter the Task information.
- Click Apply.
Create a Task for another User
Creating a task for someone else works much the same way as creating a personal task, except the target user should be changed to the name of the user the task is being created for.
- The completed task will show on both the creator’s and receiver’s Tasks lists.
- Supervisors may require a response from the User.
- When a response is entered it will display in the task in the Task List.
- Users must respond to a task with a required response before they can delete it from the Task List.
Responses to the task are independent for each User.
- Allow both the creator and receiver to enter responses.
Reminders are also independent for each User.
- User who received the task may set a reminder to do the task.
- User who sent the task may set a reminder to check up on the task.
|Who the task is for. If your login does not allow you to create tasks for other users, then you will only be able to select yourself in this list.
|How do you wish to be reminded of this task. Options are never, next login, or a specific date.
|Categories can be created in the General Information module and can be set there. This helps you organize your tasks.
|This check box is used when sending a task to another person. If checked, the user you. are creating the tasks for could transfer the task. to another user.
If you are creating a task for another user and check this box the user will be required to respond to the task before they can delete it or transfer it.
|This is the actual task itself.
Task List Grid Menu
|Adds a new task.
|Adds response to the currently selected tasks.
|Transfer the task to a different user. Only available when the task is created as Transferable.
|Allow you to edit the reminder on the selected task.
|Sets the task to complete.
|Remove the task from your task list.
|Removes the task from your task list and if the task was assigned to someone else also deletes it from their tasks list.