Permissions! Clinic Staff must have Administrator, Billing Manager, Billing Assistant, or Operations Manager Permissions assigned in order to manage Transactions.
At times you may need to make changes to the visit information in the Transaction screen. For example, if a carrier requires special handling, you may need to add Visit Auxilary Information in Transactions Screen.
Steps to Make Changes to Transaction
When adding an item, the selections available to choose from are:
- 2330B Primary Claim Control Number
- 2330B Secondary Claim Control Number
- B19/2300 Claim NTE Code
- B19/2300 Claim NTE Text
- Claim Submission Reason Code
NOTE: Most commonly 1, 7, or 8
- Condition Codes
- Delay Reason Code
- Original Reference Number (box 22).
A couple of important notes:
- The Payer Control Number can serve as the Original Reference Number.
- If it is a Medicare carrier, you may be able to current the claim on their site. If not, check their website as they may have a phone number for claim corrections.