Onboarding any new staff can be difficult, especially when it comes to getting them up to speed with your practice's key software platforms.
Fusion Enterprise understands this and has created this helpful guide for any new Biller to follow.
Simply go through the Phases in order and allow each new staff to review the materials suggested and practice what they have learned.
It will also be helpful for any new staff to take part in as many upcoming training webinars as possible. We will be sure to let you know as they are scheduled!
Be sure admin/owner set up the user
Be sure your practice Administrator has assigned the correct roles within Fusion Enterprise for your duties.
NOTE Best Practice: All Clinics - Milling Manager, Billing Assistant, Administrator, or Front Office need claim generation permission.
Watch any associated training videos
It is recommended that you familiarize yourself with some specific training we have created for someone in a billing role. You can find these training and more by checking out our entire library of Training Videos and Downloads in our Fusion Enterprise Knowledge Base.
We recommend that you watch the following videos in this order:
- Case Dialogue Training Video
- Schedule Training Video
- V5 Insurance Statusing Training Video I
- V5 Insurance Statusing Training Video II
Now that you have watched the key Fusion Enterprise Training Videos, it is critical that you review additional articles related to a few of the key areas that you will be working with.
Again, these articles along with many other helpful articles can be found in the Fusion Enterprise Knowledge Base. Once you review the articles listed and linked below, please feel free to return to the Knowledge Base whenever you have questions to answers any questions that may arise.
Articles to Review
- Transactions - Introduction
- Transactions -Introduction to Summaries
- Transactions - Introduction to Ledger
- Transaction - Introduction to Menu Options
- Introduction to Menu Options: Add Charge
- Introduction to Menu Options: Adjust Visit Balance
- Introduction to Menu Options: Add Per Diem Transaction
- Introduction to Menu Options: Apply Patient Payments
- Introduction to Menu Options: Add Patient Refund
- Introduction to Menu Options: Set Doc Level
- Introduction to Menu Options: Add Non-Treatment Charge
- Introduction to Menu Options: Additional Info
- Transaction - Introduction to Details
- Posting - Introduction
- Posting - The Display
- Posting - Posting Carrier Payments
- Posting - Posting Patient Payments
- Posting - Posted Payment Grid
- Posting - Carrier Payment Application
- Posting - Carrier Payment Application: Right-Click Menu
- Posting - Patient Payment Application
ERA 835 Posting
- ERA/835 Posting - Introduction
- ERA/835 Posting - Loading a File
- ERA/835 Posting - Retrieving an 835 from the Database
- ERA/835 Posting - 835 Grid
- ERA/835 Posting - Associating the 835 to a Payment
- ERA/835 Posting - Applying an 835
- ERA/835 Posting - Auto Posting
- ERA/835 Posting - Finishing
- Patient Statement - Introduction
- Patient Statement - Statement Generation
- Patient Statement - Batch Creation
- Patient Statement - Batch Output Tab
- Patient Statement - Statement Type
NOTE: Patient Statements are where you will spend most of the time as a biller.
Now that you have watched all of the recommended training videos and have a chance to review the extensive library of resources from our Knowledge Base, it is recommended that you schedule some 1:1 time with our Fusion Enterprise Billing Specialist.
To schedule your 1:1 time, please call us at (469) 656-3133. Please select Option 1 to go directly to support.