Permissions! Clinic Staff must have Administrator, Billing Manager, Billing Assistant, or Operations Manager Permissions assigned in order to manage 835 Postings.
Fusion Enterprise understands that billing is a critical function of any practice. As such, we have ensured that you can run all of your practices billing through Fusion Enterprise and make it as easy as we can. This series of introductory articles will cover the important aspects of managing 835 Postings with Fusion Enterprise.
ERA 835 Posting - Introduction
Fusion Enterprise will load and process ANSI X12 835 files also commonly known as Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA). The concept is that the insurance carrier will provide an electronic remittance file instead of sending out a paper EOB. This file may then be loaded into Fusion Enterprise, viewed, and automatically posted.
The workflow for an 835 is as follows:
- The 835 file is received from the carrier, either from the clearinghouse or directly from the carrier.
- The 835 is loaded into Fusion Enterprise where it is stored in the database.
- The 835 is associated with a posted payment.
- The 835 is applied to claims.
- The 835 is marked as complete, and it is stored in the database for future reference.