Permissions! Clinic Staff must have Administrator, Billing Manager, Billing Assistant, Front Office, Front Office Assistant, Operations Manager, PTA, Staff Therapist, Therapy Student, or Therapy Technician Permissionsassigned in order to manage Schedule.
Fusion Enterprise understands that the Front Office is a critical function of any practice. As such, we have ensured that you can run all of your practices front office needs through Fusion Enterprise and make it as easy as we can. This series of introductory articles will cover the important aspects of managing the Schedule with Fusion Enterprise.
The Schedule Display: Information Panel
When you first open the schedule the display can be a little overwhelming but we would rather give you too much information than have you longing for information that you can’t get see. Let's take the schedule from the top and work our way down the screen.
The expandable information panel at the top has information about the selected appointment or annotation (more on those in a bit) as well as a clickable calendar. Double-clicking any day in the calendar will navigate the schedule to that particular day.
If you are using a small monitor and would like to hide this information to allow more of the schedule on the screen the +/- button in the upper left-hand corner may be clicked to show or hide this information.
Continuing down the screen we come to the button bar:
From left to right these elements are:
- Clinic Selector – If you have more than one clinic location you can use the first drop-down menu to navigate between these clinics.
- Layout Selector – This allows you to select different layouts that you have defined.
- Shortcut Buttons – You have the ability to assign different functions to these five buttons (often they are shortcuts to right-click menu functions). You can then quickly access the function by hitting the button or by pressing F1 through F5 on the keyboard. Each user has their own set of shortcuts and each user can use them as they wish.
- Note Buttons – If you have an appointment selected the note buttons will correspond to the Case, Visit, Billing, and Reminder note. If there is a corresponding note for the selected appointment the appropriate note button will turn green. In the above picture, there is a ‘Case Note’ for the patient of the selected visit.
- Waiting List – This button will take you to the waiting list feature. If the button is orange it means that you have a patient on the waiting list that could be scheduled in an appropriate slot.
- Refresh Button – Clicking this button will refresh the schedule. If you have ‘Auto-Refresh’ enabled then the schedule will automatically refresh when information changes. If you do not have ‘Auto- Refresh’ enabled the button will turn red to indicate that there have been changes made to the schedule by another user since you last refreshed. Note that any time you add, change, or check- in a visit, annotation, or work hour the schedule is automatically refreshed.